My name is Mike Glenn and I would love to share with you my recent scouting/mission trip to India. I went to breakfast at Panera a few months ago with my friend Dr. Scott Lee (M.D.) where he revealed to me he was considering a career transition to full time missions. This man has been everywhere around the world giving lectures, so I was really interested to know which country God had placed on his heart. He said India, and I got really excited because India consumed my thoughts the previous 6 months and I thought this might be a God thing. Scott, knew the nations were my passion and wanted to get some feedback, prayer, encouragement and strategy from me, so we decided to just go to India together and continued to meet at Panera almost every Saturday planning it out. Continue reading
Not Brave, Just Obedient
Not Crazy, Just a Man of Faith
by Undercover Disciplemaker
I meet people all the time, who, when they learn where I do missions work, tell me I am either brave or crazy. I don’t think I am either. The Word says, “…go and make disciples of all nations…” All nations must include those nations with a hostile spiritual environment and lack physical safety. To go to a country or area because you see a need can be presumptuous. But to go because the Lord personally tells you to is to go in obedience and faith. Continue reading
by Jorge Parrott
The beauty of God’s faithfulness and unending love permeates his living word and vibrates through the ages. Look at Mark 16:15-18: “And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” Continue reading
by Jorge Parrott
Often our unenlightened world view can be shattered as a mere carnal misconception once the Lord opens our eyes to more of his heavenly reality. In 2 Cor. 5:17 (KJV) we read “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things become new”. In seeking to know more of God’s heart for the nations through deepening relationships with remarkable apostolic leaders around the world God has always exceeded my expectations. Continue reading
Condensed from updates written by PG and Aby Vargis edited by Cristi Winkler
Every year, IET (India Evangelical Team) plants several hundred pioneer churches in distant villages and unreached tribes. In 2012 IET planted 611 new churches in the far north of India, where persecution is stronger than the south.
Once a congregation is birthed in an unreached tribe, it soon becomes strategic to build a ‘house of God’ for the congregation. A separate ‘house of God’ becomes critical in establishing the pioneer work. Continue reading
by Jorge Parrott, MorningStar/CM Missions Director
Native Evangelist Friend Allowed To Minister in Maximum Security Prison
Our dear MS/CMM friend and MSU College of Theology Doctoral student, who is truly an apostolic leader in this nation, recently played baseball with the prisoners and then began to preach loudly in the center of the prison yard. A prison official started to shut it down, but the spirit of the Lord won out. As our friend, (whose name we cannot mention) shared the love of Jesus silence fell over the entire prison.
When he gave the invitation to receive Jesus as Lord and Savior, every prisoner prayed the sinner’s prayer. Afterwards, the guards asked if the visiting team would play them. A double header was played as many were refreshed and having fun. At the end, another altar call was given and every guard gave their life to Jesus as well.
The final number of salvations through this one ministry in Cuba in 2012 totals close to 17,000. God is moving mightily indeed.
Covert Missions Asia:
Islamic Death Threats Cannot Stop God’s Love. We cannot mention the name or location of our friend as he has a death warrant on his head from Islamic extremists and is hidden in a U.N. refugee camp. This apostolic leader continues to plant churches even while in forced exile. Continue reading
HIGHLIGHTS IN MISSIONS DURING 2012
• Began training and equipping teams to help with training materials and leadership in Stopping Human Trafficking on the local and international level. http://stop.eaglemissions.org/
• Helped rescue an 11 year old girl falsely accused in Pakistan.
• Began our sixth year of offering accredited Christian Theology degrees in the US and many nations. http://msutheology.org
• Trained and supervised over 3,500 volunteer hours with MorningStar Ministry Team.
• Shared thousands of books, CD’s, DVD’s, teaching and discipleship materials with hundreds of missionaries in 45 nations.
• Conducted almost weekly Skype prayer and prophecy team calls with missionaries in many nations.
• Helped raise $150,000 toward the completion of the Missions Base in
Moravian Falls, NC. Many volunteers and a few paid contractors working weekly to complete this global training base. http://missionsbase.eaglemissions.org
• Maintained monthly support to hundreds of native missionaries and their families in many nations thanks to you, our faithful partners while maintaining one of the lowest administrative expense rates in the non-profit sector.
• Added several new high-impact equipping and five fold ministers in several nations; Muslim areas, Israel, and China for strategic advancement of the Kingdom.
• Helped relocate 4 families of beheaded pastors in Mali.
• Shipped a 20’ cargo box of Bibles and books to Nigeria.
• Shipped almost $7 Million dollars of medicines, equipment and aid to Haiti and El Salvador.
• Helped raise $10,000 for down payment and expansion of a new building for the largest Christian library in Latin America in Guatemala.
• Helped raise funds for a new ministry training center in Brazil.
• Shipped 1,000 Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes to Haiti.
• Trained many students and volunteers in Missions. We invite you to stop by our office in Ft. Mill, SC to tour our facilities and have teams pray with you.
• Sent several Special Forces students from MorningStar University to live and work in Haiti for up to 5 months. http://morningstarministries.org
• Raised $10,000 to build a new church with CMMP in the northern Philippines.
• Raised $4,000 to build a new orphanage home for 40 boys in India.
• Raised $9,000 for construction of new church in India.
• Shipped a pallet of new Christian books valued at $5,000 to India.
• Drilled two new ZAO wells in India providing water to thousands lacking clean, safe water. These wells are near new church plants.
• We support many orphans in many nations for just $30.00 a month per child. http://sponsor.eaglemissions.org/
• We took several teams to help train in hearing the voice of God to China, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, France, the Netherlands, Nigeria, and the Philippines, Singapore, Sweden, and UK.
• Ministered God’s love, clothing, and toys to many refugees and poor in the Charlotte, NC area.
• Continued integration of CM Missionaries into the MorningStar Fellowship of Ministries with greater fellowship, spiritual services, oversight, counseling, pastoring, teaching and discipleship.
By Jorge Parrott
At times the whole earth has to shake for us to see heaven open. Does our complacency and lukewarm heart keep us from seeing into the spiritual realm? In 1 Corinthians 2:9 we see ‘…as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”
We are entering a time of unprecedented change never experienced before. While the earth trembles and quakes at an alarming pace many nations are raging. Presidents and Kings come and go while those who are disciples of Jesus Christ are awakening to fresh
encounters of the Holy Spirit. There is a smell of fresh morning dew in the air. The Lord is preparing us so we are not surprised at anything that is offered by the world. God is preparing us to stay amazed at his indescribable sovereignty and majesty. Continue reading
What does it feel like when you miss something that was right in front of you? Our human nature often misses what can seem painfully obvious later. Our Lord is the God of surprises and even on the road to Emmaus Jesus was unnoticed until He broke bread with them, then He was gone from their sight in an instant. At least at the end of their encounter with the living God, they recognized who was with them. In these crucial times ahead, we will need to increase our sensitivity and expectation of the holy presence of God showing up.
Jehovah “Sneaky,” as Larry Randolph once said, loves to surprise us. He has been with us since we first believed. We read in Ephesians 3:20-21: “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever.”
I have heard there are more than four hundred prophecies in the Old Testament pointing to the coming Messiah, and yet when Jesus walked in the midst of the Sadducees and Pharisees, most did not even realize whose presence they were in. Our sensitivity to the ways of the Lord shapes our perceptions of who He is and can even open the gate to our own deception if we are not pressing in to His presence continually in His Word and His fellowship. Remember when He was in Nazareth. In Mark 6:4-6, we read, “But Jesus said unto them, a prophet is not without honor, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house. And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. Continue reading